Playdate.

By whattheharry - 6:16 PM

One my resolutions, or really one of the things I need to work on more is making plans (and keeping them) with my friends.  I've noticed that sometimes we are stuck in our routine too much and a little variation is good for us. 

My friend Amy sent a text on Thursday asking what we were doing this weekend, and before I could come up with a thousand excuses for myself to not have them over I simply responded, 'nothing, come over'.  The laundry can wait, the christmas decorations can come down another day, the floors, the dishes, etc...

So that they did.  Amy, her son Jimmy and daughter Ella came over for lunch today and it was great.  The kids played together nicely (though Jimmy is seven, therefore much older than Ella and Max, but he was cool with it), and Amy and I were able to catch up. 

I made cupcakes for the kids to decorate.  Needless to say, they did a great job.  Ok, those who didnt eat the frosting did a great job.  There was one child, who you will see, never decorated a single cupcake.  Blue frosting was his lunch.  Le sigh.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments