Philly - day three.

By whattheharry - 1:35 PM

Monday was our last day in Philadelphia.  And when I say last day, I mean there isnt any reason for me to ever go back to Philadelphia. 


We had to be at the church at 9:15a, for the service that started at 11a.  So to kill the time, all the grandchildren sat together in the pews and talked, remembered all the good stuff about Grandma + Grandpa.  It was exactly what Grandma would want, all her grandkids together.  It was a great hour + half.  It definitely will be one of those good memories I will have. 


All of us at the luncheon afterwards were so so drained.  I think we were relieved the worst part of the final goodbye was over, but still sad.  There wasnt too many laughs like there were on Sunday, or even prior to the service when we were sitting in the church.  We sang Happy Birthday again, just so the birthday people would know their day was still special to all of us. 


I am convinced they should have a drink cart in the cemetery to serve the families post closure ceremony.  I could have used a drink after kissing Grandma goodbye.  But she's finally with Grandpa, probably dancing and smiling, happy.  Definitely, happy. 


Luncheon:
IMG_5938 
*my sister Laura, my nieces Megan + Sara, my cousin Ian + fiance, Danielle


IMG_5939 
*my cousin Rebekah, her husban, Ian + newborn daugher, Olivia


IMG_5946 
*my Aunt Syrl, and Uncle Mike (sitting)


IMG_5948 
*cousin Ian, holding Olivia, Danielle, Aunt Syrl + Mom.


IMG_5950 
*niece Megan + 2nd cousin Gavin, both March 22nd b-day babies. 


IMG_5952 
*goodbye Philly.


Miss you already, Grandma.
Dorothy2 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments