Twitter.

By whattheharry - 4:14 PM

There has been quite a bit of talk about Twitter and twittering during the State of the Union address.  I signed up for Twitter earlier this year, at the urging of a friend.  Its fun.  You post what you are doing to the website, periodically throughout the day, week, month, however often  you wish.  There are some Twitterers who tweet often and others who dont.  (Tweet is a post.) 


Apparently, according to the news, senators were tweeting non-stop during the address.  Even one senator was called out on it, and she claimed she stopped tweeting right before the address began.  Steven Colbert found that the address started at 9:19p and she tweeted at 9:25p.  I guess you can blame them for doing it, saying it shows disrespect to the president and the government.  I cant help but ask the question, what were they tweeting about?  Was it personal stuff or about the address? 


You can follow people and see their tweets as they are posted.  So if I was following my Illinois senators, and they were tweeting during the address, I'd be reading their input on the address.  If this were the case, I would be alright with the tweets, and the senators taking the time to provide this information to their followers. 


However, tweeting about someone's new haircut, suit that needed to be pressed or their grocery list is unacceptable during the president speaking about the current state of our economy.  Am a bit disappointed in our senators.  


Here's a peek at my twitter page.  Twitter  



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments