Reality check for normalcy.

By whattheharry - 3:16 PM

Tonight, Heather Armstrong was at the Oak Brook Borders store for a reading and signing of her new book, It Sucked and Then I Cried .  Heather is the author of the most read personal blog, dooce, on the web.  I've been reading her blog now for about a year, year + half.  She is very realistic, not pretentious at all, and bottom line, funny. 


She's just as funny in person.  I went to Oak Brook to see her in person, to see this virtual persona that makes me feel good about my simple, normal life.  I purchased her new book, listened to her read a couple of pages from the book and answer audience questions.  After the discussion, the book signing commenced.  With close to 150 people in the Borders, I wasnt about to stay and wait. 


I can lay in bed tonight, as I do every night, reading my new book and probably stay up way too late as I cant put it down!


IMG_5961 


IMG_5967 


IMG_5969



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ohhh. I would love to meet her in person after reading her blog for years. I don't think she'll ever come this far east, though. I'm loving your human calender, too...off to click on the link.

    ReplyDelete