Sadness.

By whattheharry - 9:58 AM

Kids haiti 
**photo from MSN.com


This week the its been all about Haiti in the news, on the radio, in the newspapers.  This is what breaks my heart.  The kids.  The 'now-orphaned' kids.  What is going to happen to them?  Where are they going to go?  I want to bring this little boy to my house, give him a bed with clean sheets and all the cereal he wants to eat.  I want to give him love and know that he will not see such devastation again.  He can be a kid while being a kid, something that has been ripped right out from underneath him. 


It seems like Haiti is almost helpless.  No matter what donation, or what relief organization, can do, just doesnt seem like it would be enough.  Tiger Woods, Mr. Flander-er himself, donated $3M.  Alyssa Milano, tv actress, donated $50,000.  The Jolie-Pitts, $1M.  Me?  None, as of yet.  I have a hard time believing that the $3M that Tiger Woods gives the Red Cross cannot get some help in there, so how can my $10 make it in there?  


Maybe the money gets caught up in the operational costs of the organization, or tax laws keep it 'in holding' for so many days.  What exactly is this money doing for the Haitians?  Buying food, water, medical care??  I would like to think so.  However, when watching the news or reading online, it has taken a while to get the stuff to Haiti.  Now there are looters and gangs hording supplies.  Do they not care about their common Haitian?  Share people.  Share.


In time, I'll decide how I want to donate.  I hope that my prayers for these people, especially for the kids are working, bringing them faith and an ounce of hope.   And maybe not tomorrow, but soon, the smiles will return to the faces of the Haitians. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments