Family Heirloom.

By whattheharry - 9:16 AM

IMG_0342


Ali Edwards, as you can see I follow her blog, wrote a post about a quilt she had commissioned someone to make for her.  I read that post and thought to myself, I have a house full of family heirlooms!  This quilt, made by my beautifully talented Aunt Syrl, for Max.  Its absolutely gorgeous.  I love it, and I am sure Max loves it as he has tummy time on this quilt.  He works so hard on focusing on the different patterns. 


This will be an item that will get stored away and saved for Max when he is older, to pass along to his family.  Along with a afgan that belonged to my step-father's mother.  It was her wedding gift from her mother.  It sits on the edge of my bed.  I love it.  Love all the colors, love the fact that its a twin bed size (because you know they slept in twin beds way back when!), love the fact that it was made with love from a mother to a daughter.  I was honored when I was told I could have it.


I love the fact that my home is filled with these types of items.  They just radiate love and warmth.  I so prefer that over anything else. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments