Work on the Smiles.

By whattheharry - 4:20 PM

My mother has said for as long as I can remember, 'work on the smiles', when I was complaining about a bad day, a negative thing or whathaveyou, something that wasnt positive in my life. 


'Work on the smiles!' she says, as she is working in the kitchen or reading the mail. 


Well, that's exactly what Max and I have been doing lately.  According to the books, and the pediatrician, a genuine conversational smile exchange between Max and I is to occur between six and eight weeks.  Here we are at the tail end of week seven.  A couple of smiles appeared yesterday and today.  Mind you they are not perfect, but we are getting there.  Makes me a very proud mom. 


Smile 1


IMG_0357
(yes, he is smiling! not crying!)


IMG_0358


IMG_0360


(and yes, I will be taking this feature of my mother with me, it actually works.  You smile when you are feeling blue, annoyed, etc at life and it seems to dissipate, whatever that negative thing was ... thanks Mom!)



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments