Recycle.

By whattheharry - 1:45 PM

When I started up this blog again in August 2008, I was taking the 'green' approach.  I was going to talk about green things - recycling, reducing my waste, how to live a more healthy lifestyle with little effect on the planet.  That didnt work out so much.  And that's okay.  My efforts have not stopped in trying to preserve Mother Earth though I dont write about them. 


I diligently recycle all products I can in my house.  I bring reuseable bags with me when shopping.  I recycle the plastic bags I do have to take home with me.  I only wash clothes when I have a full load.  I run the dishwasher only when its full.  I turn off lights as much as possible. I unplug items that still receive electricity though they arent being used.  And as of late, with the arrival of Max, I purchase gently used clothes for myself and Max. 


The reason for this is one, maternity clothes are super expensive.  Two, Max will be wearing outfits for like one day and be too big for them the next time.  So why spend all that money?  Especially when I can go to Once Upon a Child or From My Room, and walk out with name brand clothes for a FRACTION of the price.  Yesterday, I spent approximately $7 and some change on the following items:


-White Gap Polo onesie - $2.75
-Navy Blue Gap Polo onesie, with Gap khaki shorts - $3.75
-Carters never used, with tags, onesie - $.50


You see that?  A brand new onesie for fifty cents! The Gap items look brand new, in excellent condition.  When in the Gap yesterday, shopping for myself, I ventured into the Baby Gap and priced out the baby polos, and get this, full price $15. 


I am not ashamed of this practice of recycling children's clothing, or any clothing for that matter.  How many times have you purchased something with the intent to wear it and then a few months later you have buyers remorse and wish you could get that $50 back?  So if you were smart, you'd sell to a resale shop, or consignment shop hoping to recoup some of that money. 


By doing so, my child looks super cute in his outfits.
IMG_0246
*$3.00 Gap shortall onesie w/$3.00 Carters blanket.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. LOVE Once Upon a Child. I used get the best deals there...and I don't know about yours, but we have big sales there a few times a year where you can fill a bag for ten bucks. You play your cards right and you can fit a TON of stuff in a bag! :)

    ReplyDelete