The Week of the Young Child.

By whattheharry - 9:49 AM

Next week, school is celebrating the Week of the Young Child.  They asked the parents to write a letter to their child(ren) about how special they are.

I realized I havent written a letter to Max in a while.  And when I started this I found myself saying the cliche stuff - i'd give my life for you, nothing else in the world matters, they are the best things that happened to me, etc. 

I left some of that in, but one of the last sentences I wrote basically summarized how I feel about Max. 

Dear Max,
Its Mama.  I was asked to write to you about how special you are to me and I try to tell you this often, and I hope someday you’ll remember this.
You came at the perfect time of my life.  You arrived in a perfect package.  I remember our first night alone together, I was afraid you didn’t know who I was so I held you throughout the night. 
You took some time to smile when you were younger, but you smile all the time now. And when I see your smile, nothing else in the world matters. 
I get excited to see you in the mornings, and at the end of the day during the week I practically run to where you are – at Grandma’s or school.  On the weekends, we spend all of our time together and I miss you when you go to bed at night.
Its been almost two years now that you’ve been with me, and I am amazed how you’ve grown.  You are such a good, inquisitive boy.  You wake up wanting to learn, read, explore and you do it all day long.  You make life interesting again. 
I would give my life for you, as any parent would for their child, but you Max, you brought me to life.
I love you with all my heart, sweet boy.
The world is yours,
Mama
Now that is how I feel.  Of course I love him.  Of course I think I am pretty damn lucky he is a well-behaved kid.  Of course, he makes me smile, and I feel a happiness and joy I've never experienced before...but in the end, he brought me to life.  He's opened me up to experience all of this.  I love him so much.  :)

(Now if I could only get him to eat!)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love your letters to Max. They are all so sweet and heartfelt. What a gift he'll have for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete