Social Distancing Day 8.

By whattheharry - 5:04 AM

I'm currently binging on chocolate chips, drinking coffee in silence.  Well not total silence, the birds are up singing.  Makes my nature heart happy. 



We've been social distancing now for eight days, and homeschooling/working from home for four.  Yesterday we hit a boiling point.  Between work frustrations and the boys off their normal schedule, I am not surprised Max has a fat lip, courtesy of Theo.

Walgreens was the only place that had laundry detergent.  I made everyone go, though they stayed in the car.  I return to both boys crying and Max bleeding from his lip.  Theo punched him.  According to Max, for no reason.  According to Theo, Max was making fun.

I will side with Theo on this one, because Max has been blaming Theo for everything.  If the sun is in his eyes, its Theo's fault.  Cheerios on the floor under Max's seat, Theo.

I felt bad for Max, because Theo has an anger streak, that is triggered when Max teases him.  And its completely normal.  Siblings make fun of each other.  Siblings fight, verbally and physically.  This I know.  (sorry mom)

After my head popping off and spinning around 100 times, spewing out discipline, both boys spent a couple of hours in their room.  There went any kind of schooling for the afternoon.  I took a nap, to which I was woken from by the tape dispenser.  And voila, I have new wall paper.

I love it.  Its what we need.  Something cheerful, in this time of chaos.  I dont care its taped to the wall, instead of a cork board.  I dont care if it ruins the paint.  (not that it was a decent paint anyway, stupid cheap ass flipper.)  They used their imagination and creativity and I am celebrating that.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments