Weekending.

By whattheharry - 6:29 AM



Friday afternoon, our state governor announced a 'stay at home' policy to hopefully increase the amount of social distancing.  This is to slow the spread of the Coronavirus.  By that time Friday I was physically and mentally exhausted.  My manager called and advised I do what I need to for myself and the boys - whether that was go to the grocery store one last time, get gas, or whatever I needed. 

I have all these activities and websites written down for the boys, and I have a list of things to do around the house for me - paint the window trim, clean out the boys toys, finish knitting my sweater, etc. 

But instead, I printed out a coloring book from one of my favorite independent magazines, Taproot.  They were kind to offer this for free.  They know coloring is relaxing and engages the creative parts of the brain.  And so that is what I did on Friday night.  I colored.  Because I couldnt deal with all this. 

I wont lie, its getting to be a bit much.  Locked up in your house, the little news I do watch is not good, the boys are climbing the walls to no fault of their own.  I didnt accomplish anything I wanted to this weekend.  I'll give myself that break, be a little kind to myself. 

We did make it out for a walk on Sunday afternoon, but not without complaining.  I social distanced myself from their complaints.  As always, the fresh air helped.  We were in better moods when we got home. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments