Social Distancing Day 7.

By whattheharry - 10:42 AM

Thanks to my manager at work who said I should start a blog on the doings in our house during this weird time of national emergency-lock-down-social-distancing.  The first six days of the Social Distancing Project we were still going to school and work.  Life was still 'normal'.   



Its Friday, March 20th.  This month has flown by, surprisingly.  Not without struggle either.  Theo had a big hockey tournament, canceled.  Max's swim lessons, canceled.  School, canceled.  Work from home.  We are all out of sorts. 

Tuesday night, we had the paramedics here at the house because Max had a gusher of a bloody nose.  I couldnt get it to stop bleeding.  The non-attending medics just wanted to know if they were taking Max to the hospital.  Kept asking me.  I kept asking them what did they think, how is Max.  It was a complete round-about-who's-on-first crap for a good fifteen minutes.  Either step and say he needs further medical attention or not.  

Poor Max.  He was so worried, kept screaming and saying sorry.  So scared.  He puked all over the attending medic.  (whoops!) Bathroom looked like a war zone after they left.  I looked like I murdered someone with blood all over my sweatshirt.  I made him take a shower and lay in bed with me.  He certainly doesnt like the unknown.  He does not do well at all not being able to assess the situation before engaging.  

So now we sit here on Friday lunchtime.  I am exhausted.  Boys need to go outside.  And I need laundry detergent.  

'til tomorrow .... 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments