Alpha-gators.

By whattheharry - 11:19 AM

Today was the day for the Chicago Cares Serve-a-thon.  I woke up, extra early on a Saturday, well not really.  I woke up the same time I usually do Mon-Fri, however on Saturdays, I stay in bed until 6am.  So here I am running around the house getting ready, packing my lunch and snacks for the day.  My sister Laura and niece Megan show up, with my mother arriving minutes later.  We pile into my car and head into Chicago. 


We meet up with other Team Travelers at 8am.  We register with the event, and head towards the buses. 


IMG_6544 


IMG_6547 


IMG_6550 


We arrive at our location, Sandoval School.  We were welcomed by staff and parents from the community. 


IMG_6556 


IMG_6555 


We were then given our assignments of painting classrooms, stairwells, a mural in the gym and the pre-school classrooms with alpha-gators.  Mom, Megan, Laura + I were the lucky ones and were selected for the alpha-gator painting!!  This totally made the day!  Though volunteering always makes me feel great, this was the bonus. 


IMG_6559 


IMG_6561 


IMG_6565 


And the final product.


IMG_6568



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments