Fisherman's wife.

By whattheharry - 11:02 AM

Every year my step-father takes off for the great white north (Canada) for probably a total of 3 weeks, all broken out over 2 to 3 trips.  He'll be gone so far north to areas that dont have cell phone service or even paved roads.  He'll take a float plane into the lodge.  He lives for this stuff. 


When he is gone, my mother is basically a widow.  The lures, fishing rods, reels, etc ... all that fishing stuff ... has taken her husband away.  And she is absolutely fine with the temporary absence of my step-father.  She does miss him and looks forward to his return, but at the same time, she enjoys her alone time.  I used to fret of her  being by herself so I would be over there all the time.  I soon sensed she didnt mind being alone, in fact she looked forward to it. 


I went over to their house on Sunday to take Mom to the Wilton Tent Sale for some baking goodies.  I went into the basement to get something and I noticed the 'fishing' room was looking a bit vacant.  Come to think of it the whole house felt a little vacant. 


IMG_6516  



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow! This room is filled with fishing materials, including all sorts of fishing rods and baits. However, it feels empty because the owner is away. It could've been different if your dad was always around.

    ReplyDelete