Spicing it up.

By whattheharry - 4:36 PM

You've probably noticed the new banner.  Yep.  Working on some changes here.  And not just on the ol'blog.  This week and last were a couple of trying weeks for me both personally and professionally.  Today during my lunch hour as I sat across from my lunch mate, as I do practically every day, I heard myself be an optimist.  Then it happened again this afternoon as I speaking with a colleague who is down on her luck right now.  I smacked the top of her desk and said, 'You have to think positive.  You have to believe it will get better!'. 


WOW.


That was me who said that.  Me, who said that with all sorts of passion and belief in my words that were exiting my mouth.  As I walked back to my desk, I asked myself, 'WHO ARE YOU? And what have you done with the old Melissa?'  (I can only imagine the face I was wearing when saying this and THANKFULLY no one was in the hallway to witness this face!)


Little beknownst to me, I've had an attitude adjustment.  This person who walks the earth now is not the same person who walked the earth prior to May 2nd, 2010.  And I have one adorable creature who is a cloth-diaper-that-consumes-his-entire-body-wearing-so-not-to-wet-the-bed-once-again-snoring in the next room to thank for this.  Thank you Max.  Thank you with all my being for making me a better person.  For making me challenge me to be that person I've always wanted to be. 


There are some things that I can change quickly, like the blog banner and the blog button that people can take to post on their websites and blogs (which is still in progress, I need to figure out how to display the code).  There are some things that will take some time to change.  In this process, I need to be kind to myself and allow myself the room to make mistakes so that I can learn and grow, which will then transform into a permanent change.  I am excited, yet very nervous as I dont deal with this kind of change very well.  But I believe I can do it. 


I am also re-committing myself to this blog.  I am excited for the changes I want to make.  I think you, my loyal readers, will enjoy too!  So, stay tuned! 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I think I'm in need of an attitude adjustment right about now!! ;) Your post is super inspiring though, and I'm happy to hear about your new positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not easy to let things go (Im working on a Letting Go post)and stay positive. Be kind to yourself...YES! And allow yourself time....YES! You've taken some great steps already. I found you on a single mom link on Blog Frog. :)

    ReplyDelete