Four Months.

By whattheharry - 10:53 PM

IMG_0873


Dear Max,


You are well into your fourth month of life at this time.  You are growing and growing and growing and changing every day.  I count my blessings that you are a healthy thriving young boy.  Time is starting to speed up and go by too quickly.  But thankfully, you make sure I live in the moment.  Thank you sweet boy.


You have been going to the day care at work full-time while Grandma heels from her knee replacement surgery.  You have adjusted very well to that environment.  All the teachers love you. 


You got your first illness your second week at daycare.  Bronchitis.  Your disposition was still the same calm boy we all know, but your breathing was very labored.  Dr. Glas was concerned with you being so young, and having this, so he gave you two medicines.  One was a steroid, the other was the 'pink stuff'.  You liked the steroid, you did not particulary care for the 'pink stuff'.   


You still dont nap at school.  You will fall asleep in my arms walking from daycare's front door to my car at the end of each day. 


You started rolling over on a more consistent basis.  You rolled over in your crib in the middle of the night.  Since you dont sleep on your back, you are awake and talking.  You are probably saying, 'Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. MOM. MOOOOOMMM.'


You started solids a little early because you didnt seem to get enough 'filling' out of just formula alone.  Rice was introduced first, then bananas.  You love both.  You are a complete mess when you are done eating. 


You no longer need the infant seat in the stroller.  You can sit in the harness (propped with blankets).  You enjoy our walks.  You enjoy even more, stroller naps.


You have a new nickname, Super Soaker.  You had wet the bed three nights in a row to a point where I had to strip the mattress, sheet and pad, and wipe down the mattress with a wet cloth.  You now wear cloth diapers to bed.  Havent wet the bed since.  You dont seem to be complaining about the cloth (and I dont blame you, the cloth is like a soft pillow on your tushie!)


You are talking SO much more now.  You like to lay on the floor or on the changing table and talk on the top of your lungs.  I am afraid our neighbors will hear you!


You can express physically your excitement when you see me.  You smile and you start shaking your legs and arms.  You also have learn to express anger, an emotion I think you just figured out.  You will cry hard and then stop to take a breath, look at me, and then start crying again.  This will repeat until I pick you up. 


I say this every month.  I will continue to say it for as long as I can because you are a gift from God, and I am so so blessed to have you.  I look forward to seeing you morph into your own, even at this age. 


I love you Max.


Love, Mom



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I teared up reading this--- so so sweet. Max is one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could start all over again with a baby. Things seemed a lot more simple 17 years ago. I think the cloth dipers are nice and I bet better for his bottom. It is tough to go green, you help at one end, and lose on the other. But I think it is best to always make the green choice. The love letter to Max is priceless, I hope he can find these when he is an adult.

    ReplyDelete