Remembered.

By whattheharry - 1:07 AM

IMG00140 


I said I wasnt going to 'remember' this day, September 11th.  It was a horrible day in US history, a horrible day for thousands of families.  My heart sank that day and it some essence has never really returned to its normal state. 


I'll never forget this day.  I was working downtown, and heard as I was walking to the office, out on the streets of Chicago that the Worlds Trade Center was attacked. 


I arrived in the office, and it was a ghost town as everyone was upstairs in the cafeteria watching the news on the 13" tv stuffed in the corner.  And it was silent.  This is where I started feeling my heart sink. 


The company said that we could leave if we felt we needed to.  My boss and I got on the next train out of town.  Walking through the train station, seeing all the conductors 'pushing' people to their trains so they can get the trains out of the station, and the fear on all the faces, my heart hit my stomach. 


This is when I started to cry.  What was happening to my country? Is this a world war and will I have to hoard toilet paper? 


Today, looking at this picture with fondness that was taken on a trip to NYC with my step-mother in 1986, I remember being on the top of the Empire State Building looking at those buildings thinking 'Geez those are big!'.  Now today, I look at this picture with even more fondness.  This picture has meaning to me now.  This picture is normally on my fridge, right in the middle, so I remember each and every life lost that day and how the world changed that day. 


God Bless, America.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments