Five months.

By whattheharry - 3:26 AM

IMG_0240 


Dear Max,


Today you are five months old.  I cannot believe it.  You are turning more and more into a little boy right before my eyes.  No longer are you the wee little babe that would snuggle right up under my chin and sleep for hours.  Now you encompass my entire upper body and you move, boy do you move.  Move EVERYWHERE! 


You roll over from your stomach to your back atleast three times a night.  You are wide awake then.  So I flip you back each time, and you fall back asleep. 


Your grasping for objects is getting better by the day.  You have good control of your hands and know how to grasp for the item, and bring it to your mouth.


You are teething, though there is no sign of a tooth yet.  But the amount of saliva that POURS out of your mouth throughout the day is amazing.  There have been a couple of occasions where I've had to change your clothes because you were soaked!


You are starting to hold the bottle yourself when feeding. 


You are eating more solids.  Bananas and cereal are your absolute favorites.  Today, we tried pears, another hit.  You might be just like your mommy - all fruit, no veggies.


You've been digging your heels into the floor and pushing yourself up.  If I am not quick enough you'll wiggle yourself across the room!


You are practically sitting up by yourself.  You still require support, but when on the couch, chair or someone's lap,  you sit straight up.  No wobblies either!  Good job!


You are constantly looking at me and smiling.  We received the nicest compliment at the urgent care tonight (yes, sick again!).  A stranger came up to us, and in her sweet voice, said 'You two look so happy together.  Your smiles are so genuine.'  I started to cry and said, 'Thank you' to the sweet stranger. 


You've been baptized in the Catholic church.  You now have a faith. 


With each new day, I wake in the mornings so excited to see you.  I cant wait to pick you up from the crib and hold you in my arms for a sweet moment together.  We seem to have a routine/ritual for when its time to get out of the crib.  You babble for about 10 mins, then you raise your voice.  I enter the room, you see me and get excited, smile and shake your legs.  I say, 'Hello! Sweet boy! How are you? Did you have good sleeps?'  You smile again at me.  I scoop you up and hug you.  You squeal.  Oh how that makes my heart swoon with happiness. 


I am enjoying our bond probably just as much as you are.  This is awesome. 


I love you Max.


Love, Mom


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A montage of our photo shoot:
5 month montage 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog! I'm so glad you commented, because now I have found your wonderful site! What a great writer you are--really from the heart.
    Loving Frank is one of my favorite books, how are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post. I love that in 20-30 years, you can share this with him.
    ps: I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Max is a sweetie little guy! What a love...you are so blessed, even strangers in Urgent Care can see it! :)

    ReplyDelete