One Month.

By whattheharry - 11:56 AM



Dear Theo,

Its been one month since you've arrived and I am SO happy that you are here.  We have been getting to know each other, you and me, but more importantly you and your big brother Max are learning about each other.

I cant say its been an easy transition, but more good is coming out of the changes than I ever expected.  Today is much easier than it was just last week for all of us - for you, getting comfortable being part of the world; for me - parenting two kids, two different kids; and for Max - sharing Mama and house and toys and learning/understanding that another person is part of our team. 

At one month:
-you eat like food is going out of style.  ;o)  Have been doing so since the day you were born.  You just like food. 

-you keep your feet upright and hands in a fist right underneath your chin while eating. *

-you started 'cooing' at three weeks.

-you are in a constant state of motion.  Feet, arms always moving. *

-you are a bit fussy; had to change out your formula to something more sensitive. 

-you arent particularly a fan of the car seat or car.  (i am hoping this will change!)

-you have signs that you will smile real soon.  Cant wait to see it!

-your eyes light up when you hear my or your brother's voices. 

-you take your brother's 'help' so graciously, no real complaints of when he's practically laying on top of you or 'holding' in the pacifier (really he's jammed it into your mouth!). 

I am very excited to watch you grow up and see your personality introduce itself to the world.  I didnt understand this part of 'life' with Max, when he was this age, but I do now - it is a real treat to witness your and your brother's growth. 

When I found out I was pregnant with you, I was so surprised.  Seeing you today, its clear you were definitely meant to be...be here, be here with me, and with Max.

I love you so much!
Love,
Mama

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
* - same as Max.  (yes I know you are not supposed to compare, but its hard not to say 'hey! those are familiar!')

This is one of my favorites from the shoot today:

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments