Free Activities.

By whattheharry - 11:55 AM

One of my personal goals for the year is to venture out of my activity box.  I seem to do the same things over and over.  Earlier this year I created a list of things I'd like to do, and they had to be free.  On this list was to take walks or hikes in the numerous forest preserves in the Chicagoland/Naperville area.  There are quite a few benefits from this idea. 


1.  Exercise (which is good for the heart + hips)
2.  Sunshine (which is good for the mind + skin)
3.  Human Interaction (smiling at others on the path + they smile back)
4.  Free (which is good for the bank account)


Add all these benefits up and you have yourself a productive afternoon.  Especially when you follow it up with an hour of relaxation at the nearest Starbucks.  A little frappucino and good book are like icing on the cupcake. 


Today, I went to Springbrook Prairie in Naperville.  It has several different walking/running/biking paths in varying lengths.  As I reviewed the map, I said to myself, do the 5.5 mile walk.  It shouldnt be a problem at all, I mean you crank out 3.5 miles on the treadmill three days a week, what's another two?   We'll see what the legs have to say about the 5.5-er tomorrow.


IMG_6021 
*at the starting point. 


IMG_6025   
*about a mile into it.


Bird 
*a little creature seen in its natural habitat.  I thanked it for sharing its home for me to walk today.


IMG_6027 
*at last.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments