Gratitude.

By whattheharry - 1:58 AM

Many years ago Oprah promoted a gratitude journal, where you document 5 things you are grateful for from the day.  Like the millions of others who follow Oprah, I did the same.  I started my gratitude journal. 


Unfortunately, I lost interest after a while and stopped writing down the good things.  I am a bit sad about that because I think if I had continued, I could look back today on any day in the last years and see what made me grateful.  I am always grateful for things in my life.  Every day there is something that makes me think to myself, 'Thank you".  I think its time I start this up again. 


Saturday April 25th.
-spending time with my parents and nephews.  My step-father and I trading walking Tyler duty; Al telling Tyler about the 'rule of twosies' (we only say things twice!). 
-spending time with my friends, Lisa, Kim, Heather, Ria and Amy.  Heather sharing her feelings about her late mother and I relating with my grandmother. 
-chocolate chip cookies.
-believe it or not, rain.  Mother Earth needs the rain in order to bring me my sunny days!
-the Romeoville Rec Dept t-ball parade.  Celebrating the kids. 


So far for today, April 26th, I am grateful for waking up.  For being given another day in this life...somedays I never stop and think about this, that I have one more day of making it the best day.  I am thankful for this opportunity. 


What makes you grateful?


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Edit...a couple of mobile uploads from dinner on Saturday night. 
Heather kimmy melissa 
*heather, kim, me


Lisa ria amy 
*lisa, ria, amy



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments