Happy Earth Day!

By whattheharry - 2:42 PM

Today is Earth Day.  What are you doing to help the Earth?  There are many things to do...leave the lights off, recycle the cereal box, borrow a book from the library.  No matter what you do, make sure you do one little thing for Mother Earth.  She sure does give us a lot. 


Today, I recycled paper at work.  I also elected not to print many emails.  I have unplugged my cell phone charger and I ran all my errands after work before coming home (vs. coming home and then going out again). 


I do have to get back in the habit of borrowing books.  I've been buying too many books lately.  I was kindly reminded of this today when I was downtown Naperville and I see the Cat in the Hat sculpture outside the Nicholas Library. 
Dr seuss 


On another note.  After my last post, my old-age post, I thought retail therapy was the end-all, be-all of mood lifters.  And it was.  A new shirt, some new Mary Kay make-up, shorts from the Gap, and a new necklace.  Amazing.  I feel so much better!  (plus, i will look totally HOT! at the concert.  If I am going to be the age of other parents there, I want to be the 'Hot Mom'.)



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments