For the love of chores.

By whattheharry - 11:05 PM

Do you have one chore that you actually dont mind doing?  Do you find that you might look forward to this chore?  Find its mindless work that actually relaxes you?  Yeah, me too.


My favorite chore is Laundry. 


Laundry room 


I could do it all day long, and never complain about it.  I used to hate it with a passion.  But since I've been on my own in my own home, laundry took on a whole new meaning.  Now with Max, that meaning changed again.  Pre-Max, laundry meant taking care of myself.  Post-Max, laundry now means taking care of me and Max or I can now say, my family. 


IMG_0534


I cant put my finger on this exactly, but since Max has arrived and blended so nicely into my life (or I should really say how my life has blended with Max), I feel like I have a purpose now.  My life has a purpose.  Doing laundry has a purpose (other than making sure we have clean clothes).  Its one of those 'Mom' things.  Moms do the laundry.  Moms make the meals.  Moms kiss the boo-boos. 


In the last 10 weeks, I've made sure that the laundry was done, and put away.  I've made sure the sheets on the beds (mine and his) are changed weekly (if not more, him).  I've made sure that bottles are made every night before I go to bed.  All of these chores, as much as some people cringe at the thought of them, I enjoy them and they make me feel like I am doing atleast one part of the Mom job correctly. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I can honestly say that laundry is my absolute least favorite chore, so anytime you want to come over to my house and do my laundry - feel free! :)

    ReplyDelete