Worry Wart.

By whattheharry - 11:20 PM

Max doctor 


I am a worry wart.  I've been like this for as long as I can remember.  Must be genetic.  Question then, who is the worry wart I get this from??  Surely not my mother, possibly my father, maybe even a learned behavior.  But it doesnt matter.  What matters is how I drive myself CRAZY when I get like this. 


I have the typical new parent concerns and worries ... is Max getting enough nutrition, am I providing enough love and affection to nuture the relationship, alarmed by blue hands and feet after a bath and I wont bore you with the rest of my concerns.  I loose sleep when I have a concern about Max, his physical and mental health.  I SCOUR the internet looking for answers because I need an answer now.  Waiting until the next day is not an option.  (And we all know that the internet is not the place to get answers to your problems.  Surely not medical answers ... I mean, cripes, WebMD has you dying for every ailment they can think of.  A hangnail, dead.  A twitch of the eye, possibly cancer first, but definitely dead.)


This does not bode well with me, my worry wart gene, late nights, lack of sleep and me standing with a flashlight over Max, examining him, while he's sleeping in his crib.  It's then I find my original worry that brought me into the room futile.  Though somehow a new worry forces me back to my room, fliping open the laptop and Google'ing. 


Does this ever go away?  I am guessing the answer to my question, without asking the internet, is No.  This never goes away, just changes as with Max.  Maybe its high time I change too, and do my best to let the 'wart' of Worry Wart go.  (because man, my head hurts from all this worrying!)



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Such a sweet time...hard not to worry when they are so little! Coming by from the mom loop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to check on my son a lot too. When I wasn't checking my husband was.
    Stopping from Mom Loop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend Emma who worried constantly through her first pregnancy. I had two young kids and another friend who was with us that day had three. As we tried to stop our kids killing themselves and each other Emma serenely sat sipping a cold drink and stroking her belly and talked about her anxieties. Her next words were ... "I guess when he's born I'll stop worrying..?" We all fell off our garden chairs and rolled around the grass laughing so hard that tears flowed down our cheeks. I think even when Emma is knitting in her rocking chair aged 99 she will worry. We are mums. That's what we do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember laughing at my friends with kids who confessed to checking on them in the middle of the night to see if they were breathing.
    One kid later... guess who's doing the checking.
    Might as well take it with some humour, like you do! XD

    ReplyDelete