Return to Work.

By whattheharry - 2:20 AM

Nalco 


Today I've returned to work.  I've left Max at my mother's house for her to spend the day with him while I come here and contribute to the company's success.  People have asked, 'Are you ready?', 'How are you feeling about going back?'  My answer to all questions, 'I have to.' and 'Since I know I need health insurance and a solid income, I know I have to work.' 


And so it is, me here putting forth an effort into a job that I do enjoy, that was my life for the last five years.  This company was very fortunate to have me give what I gave without complaints or asking for anything in return.  Now, I should say they did give me awesome opportunities of travel all around the world, and a decent maternity leave. 


The balance between work and personal lives is like a teeter-totter, and the last five years its been real heavy on the work side.  Now its starting to weigh heavy on the personal side.  I do imagine I'll need to find a good balance.  Luckily for me, my company is filled with working mothers that I can look to and find guidance.  And at the end of the day, I'll feel good about working (and collecting the paycheck) and more importantly, I'll be super excited to see Max and hug him and kiss him non-stop!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I saw you visited by blog, www.confabulicious.com. Thanks for that. Congratulations on your new baby and for taking that scary first step back to work.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on Max! And good for you, going back to work. I see both sides of the debate, but in the end, it's best to do what makes YOU feel the best.

    ReplyDelete