Handmade with love.

By whattheharry - 12:05 AM

Stockings
*photo credit


I have been surprising myself lately with the things that I want for Max.  Before I was pregnant I never gave two seconds of a thought to christmas stockings, school pictures or how much of an impact I will have on Max just being a role model for him.


All of these items have come front and center as of late. 


Over the weekend as I started to plan for christmas (yes i am!!), I realized that Max will need a stocking for all the little goodies Santa will bring.  I started to search the internet (pottery barn, garnet hill, ll bean, etc) for a nice classic stocking.  I saw some that I liked, but I didnt feel the love and excitement that comes along with a stocking. 


I pulled mine out of the christmas box and as I was holding I recalled it was handmade by my grandmother (i think, correct me if i am wrong Mom).  Each year I admire my stocking, touching the soft section of Santa's beard, or way my name is stitched.  There is nothing store bought about this ... except for maybe the fact that it had to be purchased at a store in order for it to be created.  I want Max to have this same feeling I have even now at my grand old age, of love. 


Thankfully I was encouraged to sew as a kid.  I will be putting those skills to good use here over the weekend and making Max one of the many items he will have for the rest of his life. 


Stay tuned for the finished product! 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That sounds excellent. My stocking was crocheted, and I tried to find one for Miri that had that same home-made feel. I couldn't find one ANYWHERE. I ended up getting her one from PB Kids that was very simple...as if maybe I *could* have made it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! (and I'm so envious of your craftiness!) Can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete