Six Months.

By whattheharry - 2:44 PM

IMG_0512


Dear Max,


Today is your half birthday.  You are six months old.  I remember about a week after your birth, I had wished for you to be six months old so that I knew what you would like, dislike, smile, laugh and most of all have a routine.  Thankfully my wish didnt come true too quickly, but the time does move fast.  You are the most enjoyable little boy.  You spent the afternoon with Grandma today, so that I could rest and feel better (as I was sick) and being home alone felt wrong.  This isnt just my house anymore, its our house. 


You are growing like a weed.  Each week there is something new about you, let alone the clothes we are going through. 


You reach for items so naturally now.  You'll do it when you are on your tummy, on your back, as you roll to your side, basically anywhere. 


You roll over both ways now.  You are starting to roll across the floor. 


You are also using your hands to feel textures.  You rub your hands on the couch to hear the noise.  Same with the bassinet.  You like the quilted liner. 


You cut your first tooth on October 25th.  I found while we were attending your first parent-teacher conference. 


Your conference went well.  The two teachers adore you, look forward to your days at school.  You get along well with the others, always watching and observing them. 


You participated in the school's Halloween Parade.  You sat in the buggy with your friend Jack. 


You also had your first school pictures.  That was a definite 'mommy' moment for me. 


You took your first airplane ride to see your Aunt Sharon, Uncle Geno and cousins Nicholas, Erika + Zachary.  You loved being there.  You did well on all flights except the last one on our way home.  You were done with flying, being cooped up and having to get comfortable on my lap.  (I can say I was done too!)


You love your Grandma.  On several occasions now I've seen you reach for her when we are at her house.  You smile at her all the time. 


I worry each day I am doing the best for you and when something isnt right or goes wrong, I feel horrible.  But you are such an easy going child, that it does not seem to phase you.  Even when you are exorcist vomitting on me.  Thank you sweet boy for being here, being mine. 


I love you Max.


Love, Mom


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This month's montage ....
6 months montage



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Aww! Happy half birthday buddy! Love the photos... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you have this way of talking about Max that brings smiles and tear into my eyes. You are a great mom. Max knows that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max is getting so big :) Besides the beautiful letter (yes, I got teary eyed!), the photo montage was super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the candid pics of Max, he is such a funny hambone, those little chunky legs of his and his smile :)

    ReplyDelete