This right here.

By whattheharry - 11:40 PM

IMG_0690*charlie + max, thanksgiving 2010.


If there is nothing else in the world that says everything else doesnt matter but this, this picture says it all.  For everyone. 


Charlie is one half of the twinkies and is the shy one, or the one who likes to do things his way, and he'll come around when he wants to.  Up until now, he really hasnt shown any interest in Max.  On Thanksgiving, he came right up to Max on the carpet, laid down with him on the floor, and started playing and being loving. 


My heart swooned so big, and then it melted. 


My Thanksgivings as a child were spent at my grandmother's house in Philadelphia with my cousins.  I recall me, my brother Andrew, my cousins John and Ian, all just running around, hanging out, up to no good in the basement.  Grandma would yell from the top of the stairs 'stay out of there!'.  There = the pantry or my grandfather's workshop.  Somehow she knew. 


Watching the above made me miss my grandmother.  Lots. I know we cant live forever, but I am SO thankful that we are a family where family is important, and spending time together is just as important.  I want the same for Max. 


This picture will get printed and put somewhere where I can look at it everyday (most likely that'll be work!) and remind myself what's important. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Such a sweet picture! I love Max's face ~ he looks so surprised, yet he doesn't want to move for fear Charlie will go away :)
    Glad you had such a Happy Thanksgiving. I miss my grandmother a lot too.... but I'm sure she was watching everyone from above, smiling at the wonderful family she helped create. (something tells me your grandmother was doing the same thing!)

    ReplyDelete