Scones made easy.

By whattheharry - 8:33 AM

For my craft social last weekend, I wanted to serve traditional high tea fare.  On that menu are scones.  All flavors of scones, from sweet to savory.  Since I had already had a few savory items, I went with sweet for the scones.  I had made orange dark chocolate chip scones.  They were a big hit!

I had used a muffin mix and followed some recommendations from a blogger in blogland.  A few people had asked for the recipe.  So today, to make sure the recipe was as good and easy as I thought it was, I tried making it again.  And again, success!

Pumpkin Scones.
Pumpkin scone 1

I still cant get over how easy these are.  They are no Starbucks pumpkin scone, but my taste buds say 'much better!'.  They were perfect for the afternoon snack (especially on a day like today where its cold and blistery outside!)

Pumpkin scone 2

Here's the recipe.  Help yourself to saving and printing for your recipe book. 
Scones-1
**edit-scones can also be made 'drop' style.  Drop by the tablespoonful on to the cookie sheet.  Bake for same amount of time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
These would make a great gift for the neighbor, teacher, co-worker.  Just put them in a nice decorative treat box, adorn with a ribbon and voila! The perfect gift!  Amazon has some great deals on treat boxes.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments