Seasonal Reading.

By whattheharry - 5:23 AM

Over the past few years, each Christmas season I've read a 'christmas' book.  I started this tradition with a fiction book, last year it was non-fiction.  This year, back to fiction.  (maybe a pattern here??)  I really like this idea that just adds a little bit more magic to the season.  I am starting Max on this tradition this year.  Here's our reading list for Christmas 2010. 


Me.
Me xmas book


A Darcy Christmas - if you are a Jane Austen fan, or a Elizabeth Bennett + Mr. Darcy fan, the reviews of this book are in favor of it being a good read for the season.  Three short stories, all taking on a different view of Christmas in the Darcy-era.  (and if you are anyone who's seen Colin Firth walk out of the pond in the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, you know you are hooked!)  I need something light and easy to read, to jump start my reading again.  I think this will be a good start.


Max.
Max xmas book


Footprints in the Snow - this is a new one for us.  Looking forward to reading it as the reviews are all positive. 


I've Seen Santa - another new one about a bear family waiting for Santa.


The Night Before Christmas - a classic.  One of my favorites. 


Reindeer Christmas - I believe I had purchased this book for the twinkies first Christmas (2008), though I cant remember.  I enjoy this story.  Its about doing good to others without passing judgement.  In addition, the illustrations in this book are beautiful. 


Santa Mouse - I could have sworn this was one of my favorites as a kid, but I cant find when this was first published.  Either way, classic story. 


This is just the begining to our Christmas tradition of reading the stories during the season.  I look forward to the years to come to see how our list grows and changes. 


What is on your Christmas reading list?  



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments