Another Every Day.

By whattheharry - 10:31 AM

That sentence has really struck me.  Soulemama used it to close out one of her posts, and I couldnt help but reflect on that.  Another every day. 

Dont get me wrong, I like it.  I like that it forced me to stop all the unnecessary-ness on Monday and just be with Max. 

I like that it has made me think about all the every days we'll have, and how I want to make them as worthwhile as possible.  Somedays are harder than others, like for example Sunday with the time change the dude didnt go to bed until 9pm.  I was literally asleep in bed, while he sat next to me watching a video on my laptop. 

Then somedays are easy, like Monday.  Though I worked late, I didnt feel the need to get dinner on the table immediately and instead we hung outside for a while.  I can tell he loved it.  I enjoyed being outside in the fresh air myself (especially after a long day in the office).  This just might become part of the routine. 

With all the events in life - birthdays, school parties, sporting, holidays, etc - I want Max to remember these days in between, the every day.

ps - dont make fun of my lame-ass sidewalk drawings or the nastiness left over from last years foilage! ;o)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. thought one: your cars are WAY better than my version. ;)

    thought two: i *just* pulled up our dead last year's stuff from the side of the house at the end of last week. glad i'm not alone... ;)

    ReplyDelete