Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.

By whattheharry - 5:00 AM

What to do with a banana that has had a couple of bites taken out of it and someone doesnt want it anymore?  Cut off a few pieces, mash up and make muffins!

I usually dont buy bananas for this exact reason, because I dont eat them, they will go to waste.  Today, not sure what made me think to make muffins, but I did, and they are tasty!

*Baker's note - I only used the 2/3 banana that was left-over, I did not use the whole 3 mashed bananas.  These have a cupcake like consistency.  They also took about 25 minutes, but after 15 mins I would set the timer at 3 minute intervals until toothpick check was clean.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 c sugar
3 TBsp milk
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp vanilla
3 bananas, mashed
2 c flour
1 c chocolate chips (though i always add more!)
nuts, optional

Beat together oil, eggs, sugar and milk with electric mixer. 
Add baking soda, vanilla, bananas and flour. Mix well.
Stir in by hand chocolate chips and nuts.
Fill greased muffin tins (or use paper cups) about 3/4 full. 
Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.  (see note above)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments