Creativity.

By whattheharry - 8:41 AM

I said in a previous post that I am not one to hinder’s anyone creative expression.  And its true.  In fact I encourage people to be creative, because I know what it does for me – allows something in the brain to release and I feel good.  Whether this something is a chemical or hypothetical (meaning there is nothing and its just a good distraction from the regular day stresses), either way I think it does one good. 

Everyone’s creativity is different.  Some are similar, but no two are alike.  And I like that.  (its taken me many years to figure it out!)  As you can see for me, I am not one to come up with the fantastic ideas, but I can follow-thru with a task and feel good that I was able to take something from ‘blah’ and make it into ‘voila!’. 

My dad can do the same.  I think he has a natural talent for woodworking.  At my request, he made Max a teether, out of a piece of Maple wood.  It is so fabulous, that I might hold it for Nameless #2 (don’t even ask, I got nothing!).  I was very much surprised when I collected the mail to see the package from Dad.  I ripped it open at once (because I can and normally I do with any goodie that comes in the mail) and I jumped for joy with excitement.  I literally had to inspect it to see if it was handmade because it is so well done. 

Wood teethers are popular on Etsy, some as expensive as $15 each.  I had purchased one previously for Max and paid roughly $20, but have since lost it.  I was going to buy another one, but I decided to ask Dad instead – for one, I know he enjoys making the stuff, two, it’ll be a special gift that I’ll save for the boys. 

We had to give it a test run last night.

Any teether is good for a child who is teething, but I prefer something that wasn’t made in China (even though it would meet the child safety standards).  Something about supporting us folks here at home makes me feel better. 

You’re awesome Dad!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments