Chicago French Market.

By whattheharry - 4:33 PM

On Saturday Max and I headed into the city (his first trip ever!) to check out the French Market at the Northwestern train station. 

We had a change in plans and it was a total last minute decision.  I am glad I was a bit flexible (normally I am not and have to plan and mentally prepare for events), and it worked out great! 

I used to work directly across the street from the market and have mixed emotions about it - one, WHY wasnt it there when I was working in the city??? and two, SO glad it wasnt there, I'd be 500lbs and poor as heck!

The place is literally a market, though most vendors have food to serve.  My favorite?  Toss up between the crepes and the cheese vendors. 

I found parking about a block away, that we had to walk under a set of el tracks.  Max was literally screaming, 'CHOO CHOO!', every two minutes (or according to the train schedule!).  Before we left, we hung out in the parking lot for a few extra minutes to see just a few more trains. 

This is definitely a place we'll go back to.  Maybe next time when we head into the city, we can stay longer, but for the first trip ever together - it was perfect!  Made our Saturday!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. fun!!!
    you know how much i love the french market!
    you are making me want some macarons!!!

    ReplyDelete