Dec 2.

By whattheharry - 10:01 PM


Dec 2
**christmas card from me to my maternal grandparents, circa 1980  


I found this the other night when I was going through the bag of photos from my grandmother's house.  Its a handmade card (as if you couldnt see that!) I had made for my grandmother.  At Christmas in 1980, I was nine years old.  Apparently I was learning how to spell ... notice how I spelled 'christmas'?  It says the same on the tree and inside the card.  God Bless Grandma's heart for embracing this slight flaw of mine! 


I have very fond memories of the holidays at my grandparents house, with my grandmother in the kitchen cooking, making us cookies.  She would walk through the swinging door to the back room to smile at us every so often.  I would hear her yelling at all us kids when we were up to no good in the basement.  And my grandfather, always sitting in his chair, reading and smoking his pipe. 


This has been sitting on my kitchen table since I found it.  I think it will become a part of the regular christmas decorations.  Thank you Grandma for saving all these things. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments